PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
Low-cost life insurance plans are available for Guard members and their families.
For Guard members, there’s the Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI), which provides coverage 24/7.
- Soldiers are eligible for $500,000 of insurance.
- Smaller amounts of coverage are available.
- Coverage is available through age 60, upon receipt of your first retirement check or 120 days after a Soldier’s ETS (Expiration of Term of Service).
Family members are eligible for Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (FSGLI), available to spouses and dependent children of Guard members insured under SGLI.
- FSGLI provides up to a maximum of $100,000 of insurance coverage for spouses (not to exceed the SGLI amount of the insured member).
- Family coverage provides $10,000 for dependent children.
- Spousal coverage is issued in increments of $10,000. Coverage costs vary.
Note: Army National Guard programs and benefits are subject to change. For the latest information, please contact your local recruiter.