As a Soldier in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, you are eligible for our 100% Tuition & Fee waiver at any state school in Massachusetts. Don’t want to go to a state school? No problem! We also offer Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA).
100% Tuition & Fee Waiver
Click any of the links below to learn more about the programs and majors offered at NO COST to members of the Massachusetts National Guard
University of Massachusetts
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater
- Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg
- Framingham State University, Framingham
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Buzzards Bay
- Salem State University, Salem
- Westfield State University, Westfield
- Worcester State University, Worcester
- Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield
- Bristol Community College, Fall River
- Bunker Hill Community College, Boston
- Cape Cod Community College, West Barnstable
- Greenfield Community College, Greenfield
- Holyoke Community College, Holyoke
- Massachusetts Bay Community College, Wellesley Hills
- Massasoit Community College, Brockton/Canton
- Middlesex Community College, Bedford/Lowell
- Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner
- North Shore Community College, Danvers
- Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill
- Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester
- Roxbury Community College, Roxbury Crossing
- Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield
Federal Tuition Assistance
FTA is financial assistance provided for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier’s professional and personal self-development goals. (Reference: AR 621-5, Army Continuing Education System)
What do I get?
For eligible Soldiers, FTA funds up to $250 per semester hour for up to 16 semester hours each fiscal year—all towards tuition to advance your education. Here’s a look at the FTA lifetime limits of the program:
- 130 undergraduate semester hours
- 39 graduate semester hours
To be eligible, your college or university must be regionally or nationally accredited—and an ArmyIgnitED participant.
CAN be used simultaneously with Chapter 1606/MGIB-SR for the same course, when attending half-time or more.
FTA will pay toward one credential at each of the following levels:
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree and master’s degree
- First professional degrees are NOT eligible (e.g., doctorate degrees, juris doctorates)
Tuition assistance is for advancing your post-secondary education, so it may not be used to achieve a lower or lateral diploma or degree.
Remember, FTA is tuition assistance, which means it is for tuition only. It does not cover fees, examinations, e-learning or other expenses that are outside of an official degree plan.